Watching the latest trailer for the new Dr. Who starring Jodie Whittaker, I noticed a familiar location.
The ruin pictured in the scenes below is a derelict beach pavilion in Macassar, near Cape Town, South Africa. (Google Maps)
I live not too far away and have visited it with other members of my local camera club. Sadly it is an area not safe to visit alone, with a chance of being mugged. Click on the image below to view an album of photos I took there.
I’ve been enjoying the new panorama merge feature in Lightroom CC and have found that it generally does a good job of merging. But I have just had it fail to merge correctly for the first time. I wanted to use Lightroom to redo a merge of eleven frames I took in 2008 and had previously merged with AutoStitch to create the panorama below.
When I merged the frames shown in the grid view below I didn’t get the result I expected.
The frames are DNG files converted from Canon 30D raw files shot with a Sigma 18-125mm lens and the correct lens profile was applied before attempting the merge in Lightroom. Instead of something similar to the original merge, I ended up with this in the preview window, where it has taken frames from the left and tacked them on to the right.
I tried to merge the left and right sections independently to see what would happen and while merging the seven rightmost frames produced what I would expect, merging the five leftmost frames didn’t. If you compare the merge preview of the leftmost five frames shown below to the section of the original merge overlaid on it, you will notice that an entire hill/mountain has been excluded from the merge that Lightroom did.
After some searching for Lightroom merge errors I found a thread suggesting that a panorama exceeding 32000 wide pixels would fail with an error, but in my case I receive no error and the resulting panorama would be far below the 32000 pixel limit; Lightroom simply generated a different panorama than it should.
I would be interested to hear if others have experienced similar problems.
It’s been far too long since I posted anything, so here is an image that I took a few days ago that describes the season nicely.
Here’s what I made for supper tonight.
It was an experiment, not from a recipe but here is roughly what I did.
Chopped a red and a green pepper roughly and chucked them in the pot to soften with some chopped onion, stirred in a little cider vinegar and a teaspoon each of curry powder and masala. Added a can of chopped Italian tomatoes and left that to cook while I cubed the chicken. Once the chicken was in and had cooked for about five minutes I drained a can of red kidney beans and chucked them in before putting the lid on and leaving it to simmer on a low heat.