The Jesse Jordan Band will be playing a sunset concert in the Helderberg Nature Reserve on Sunday 1 February 2009. We’ll be there.
Monthly Archives: January 2009
A selection of IT related Chuck Norris facts that arrived by e-mail.
- Chuck Norris invented C++ after roundhouse kicking C – TWICE
- Chuck Norris is the Domain controller
- Chuck Norris has the IP 0.0.0.0
- Chuck Norris is mailer-daemon
- Chuck Norris has Windows XP on his Apple MAC
- Chuck Norris never gets the page cannot be displayed error
- Chuck Norris CPU doesn’t have a fan
- Chuck Norris can write DVDs on floppy drive
- Chuck Norris invented the internet
- Chuck Norris can paste pics in Notepad
- Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked his 14400k modem & that’s how we got ADSL
- Chuck Norris’ dot matrix printer prints photos – in colour
- Chuck Norris’ PC speaker gives him 7.1 DTS surround sound
- Chuck Norris monitor has no glare… no-one glares at Chuck Norris
- Chuck Norris can edit PDF files
- Chuck Norris rips CDs with his hands
- Chuck Norris has a yahoo account with hotmail
- Chuck Norris has an Intel CPU on an AMD motherboard
We have the misfortune of having a crowd of cicadas move into our neighbours hedge. They make an incredible racket all day long.
This one was sitting on our garden wall the other evening so I tried taking some shots of it. Not having a proper macro lens I used my 50mm f/1.8 with a close-up lens. This was the best shot I could manage.
I’ve tried to record the terrible sound they make but despite it being a horrible assualt on human ears, the sound recorder on my cell phone doesn’t record it. All you hear are the background noises in absolute silence. I virtually had the phone in the hedge so it must be something to do with the pitch of the sound they make.